Prof. Charles Soludo of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, has been declared winner of the Anambra Governorship election by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
Soludo is not a new kid off the block, he is a well-known national figure, who has played prominent roles in national development.
Below are 10 interesting facts about the new Anambra State Governor-elect.
1. Soludo is 61 years old, he was born on 28 February, 1960.
2. He was chairman of the board of directors of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) during Obasanjo’s administration.
4. Soludo is a Nigerian Professors of Economics.
5. He has been a visiting scholar at the International Monetary Fund, the University of Cambridge, the Brookings Institution, the University of Warwick, and the University of Oxford as well as a visiting professor at Swarthmore College (USA)
6. He obtained his three degrees and then professorship at the University of Nigeria in Nsukka, Enugu State.
8. He was appointed to the position of professor of economics at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in 1998.
9. Soludo held the positions of Chief Economic Adviser to former President Olusegun Obasanjo and Chief Executive of the National Planning Commission of Nigeria.
10. On 16 September 2019, the President of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari, appointed Soludo as a member of a newly formed 8-member Economic Advisory Council (EAC) which would report directly to the President.