Globally unveiled earlier this year, Nokia 8 — HMD Global’s most powerful device in the Android-powered Nokia lineup, here are a few things you should know about the device.
The flagship smartphone is powered by Qualcomm’s latest offering, the Snapdragon 835 processor. The brand has kept the bigger bezels and capacitive buttons in spite of the industry-wide trend of thin bezels on flagship devices.
After its sad demise at the hands Microsoft, the HMD Global reprised the Nokia brand and its three new variants — Nokia 3, 5, and 6 — running on the Android OS. These were launched globally. Now, the company is launching a high-end device.
Nokia 8 Specs and Features
- Display: The Nokia 8 features a 5.3-inch (2560 x 1440) liquid crystal display (LCD) protected by Gorilla Glass 5.
- Design: The device is packed in an aluminum casing and is 7.3mm thin. The 3.5mm headphone jack is located at the top and the charging port at the bottom with the fingerprint sensor at the back panel.
- Processor: The device is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chipset, which clocks at 2.45 GHz and is supported by Adreno 540 GPU.
- Memory and Storage: 4GB RAM and 64GB of internal storage.
- Camera: HMD’s flagship sports a dual-lens camera on the rear with 13MP and a 13MP front camera. Both the front and the rear camera sport Zeiss optics.
- Battery: The device is powered by a 3090-mAh battery supported with QuickCharge 3.0 tech.
- Dual-cam Video Call: During a video call on the Nokia 8, users have the option to switch the video feed on from both the front and the rear camera at the same time.
- LTE/OS: The device will be available in two variants — single and dual sim — and will run on Android Nougat 7.1.1 out of the box.
- Always-on Display: The Nokia 8 sports an always-on display, which shows notifications for calls, SMS, and email, along with the clock, day, date, and battery percentage.
The Nokia 8 comes with Bluetooth 5 and NFC. It will appear in blue-and-copper glossy and blue-and-grey matte colors. The Nokia 8 went on sale in Europe for €599 and it is retailing in Nigeria for about ₦195,000.