Blog Post

Ritelink Blog > News > NEWS > Transfer news LIVE: Virgil van Dijk to Liverpool, plus latest on Kylian Mbappe, Hector Bellerin and EVERY deal

Transfer news LIVE: Virgil van Dijk to Liverpool, plus latest on Kylian Mbappe, Hector Bellerin and EVERY deal

After another action-packed season, the transfer window is almost among us again.
And we’re expecting a busy old time, as clubs across the land look to strengthen their squads ahead of next season’s tilt. Chelsea lifted the Premier League trophy this season, but that won’t stop the Blues from bringing in new faces as they look ahead to their return to European football next term.
Liverpool and Manchester United are both returning to the Champions League and will draw up their shopping lists accordingly, while Tottenham and Manchester City will have eyes on runs at the Premier League title next season.
Arsene Wenger has signed his new two-year deal at Arsenal and is set to splash the cash as he looks to improve on this season’s fifth place finsh.
Keep up-to-date with all of the latest gossip, news and done deals as they happen right here.

SEVEN to leave Real?

Zinedine Zidane is planning a summer clearout at Real Madrid with as many as seven players fighting for their futures.
Los Blancos beat Juventus on Saturday to secure their second Champions League title in as many years.
Zidane wants to add to his all-conquering squad in the close season – and will let some big names go in order to do so.
Pepe has confirmed his exit, with Fabio Coentrao and James Rodriguez expected to follow him out.
Other possible departures are Alvaro Morata, Keylor Navas, Danilo and Mariano.

Carrera signs new Spartak deal

Spartak Moscow coach Massimo Carrera has agreed a new deal which will keep him with the Russian champions until the end of May 2019.

The 53-year-old former Juventus and Italy assistant boss took up the Spartak reins last summer and last month led the capital club to their first league title since 2001.
Spartak confirmed Carrera’s new contract on their website on Tuesday. His existing deal had been due to expire next year.

SEVEN to leave Real?

Zinedine Zidane is planning a summer clearout at Real Madrid with as many as seven players fighting for their futures.
Los Blancos beat Juventus on Saturday to secure their second Champions League title in as many years.
Zidane wants to add to his all-conquering squad in the close season – and will let some big names go in order to do so.
Pepe has confirmed his exit, with Fabio Coentrao and James Rodriguez expected to follow him out.

Other possible departures are Alvaro Morata, Keylor Navas, Danilo and Mariano.

Batshuayi unsure over Chelsea future

Michy Batshuayi has admitted his future at Chelsea is out of his hands and that he is “expecting a few phone calls” in the summer.
The Belgian forward signed for the Blues for £33million at the start of the season, but he struggled for regular game time at Stamford Bridge.
Batshuayi is expected to move on in the summer, with a number of teams, including West Ham, Everton and newly promoted Newcastle, queuing up to sign the 23-year-old.
Speaking about his future, the Belgian told RMC Sport: “I’m not the master of my destiny. Chelsea bought me, they can do what they want with me.
“I’m going to finish with the national team and then I expect I’ll have a few phone calls. I’ll see with my agent and the club.”
“I want to play, score as many goals as possible and be at the World Cup.”

Brown tipped for Premier League move

Terry Butcher is adamant that Scotland and Celtic skipper Scott Brown is good enough to play for a top club in the Premier League.
He said: “I think he could. He is an enforcer but also a passer of the ball and if he is given a specific role he has the ability, physically and mentally to cope with that and I think he could still do it now.
“If you look at players in his position in the top-four sides, the top-six sides – you are now looking at the top six or seven in England rather than the top four – he could handle it quite comfortably.”

Bosz confirmed by Dortmund

Borussia Dortmund have confirmed the arrival of Peter Bosz on a two-year deal.
Bosz led a young Ajax side to the final of the Europa League, losing out to Manchester United in the final.
Ajax will reportedly receive €4.3million as compensation.

MANCHESTER UNITED

Manchester United ‘to go head-to-head’ with PSG for Aubameyang

Ooooh, this is interesting.
Having gone away from Antoine Griezmann, Manchester United are ‘ready’ to rival PSG for €70million-rated Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang .

That would be some attacking signing.
Manchester United are ‘ready’ to rival PSG for €70million-rated Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang .
Old Trafford boss Jose Mourinho has identified a new No.9 as his top summer transfer target.
It is understood United have moved on from Antoine Griezmann after the France international pledged his future to Atletico Madrid following the Court of Arbitration for Sport’s decision to uphold their transfer ban last week.
Reports in France suggest PSG have struck a deal worth £61m with Dortmund for Aubameyangbut are yet to agree personal terms with the player.

Cardiff City double deal

News at Cardiff.
Junior Hoilett and Lee Peltier have both signed new contracts to remain with Neil Warnock’s Bluebirds.
Hoilett signs until 2018, while Peltier inks a two-year deal.

Dagenham Bondz

Now another done deal!
This time down in the Conference.
Bondz N’Gala has inked a two-year deal at Victoria Road.

Southampton report Liverpool to Premier League

Southampton have accused Liverpool of a possible illegal approach for Virgil van Dijk.
Mirror Sport revealed on Monday that the Reds had won the race to sign the Dutch defender in a £60million deal.
Manchester City and Chelsea were also keen but Jurgen Klopp persuaded Van Dijk to choose the Anfield project.
But Southampton are angered by the situation because they have not received any contact from Liverpool over the defender.
They have asked the Premier League to investigate a possible illegal approach.

Why Sead Kolasinac will be a PERFECT fit for Arsenal

Finally, it’s official then.
The tough-tackling, hard-hitting Bosnian international has arrived at Arsenal.
And he’s a perfect fit, judging by his Instagram skillz…

Meet Sead Kolasinac – All you need to know

Arsenal have announced the signing Sead Kolasinac from Schalke on a free transfer.
The Bosnian has penned a long-term deal with the Gunners and will hook up with his new teammates when they return for pre-season training at the start of next month.

Mirror Football has taken a look at what Arsenal fans can expect from their new signing.

Kolasinac arrives!

Sead Kolasinac has been confirmed by Arsenal.
The former Schalke defender has joined the Gunners on a free transfer.
He was out of contract in Gelsenkirchen, and despite interest from Juventus and Everton, elected to move to the Emirates.
Arsenal confirmed the move on their website declaring:
“Sead Kolasinac will join us this summer on a long-term contract.
Subject to the completion of all regulatory processes, the defender will start pre-season training in July.”
MANCHESTER CITY

‘City eyeing Bertrand’

Manchester City are discussing a move for Southampton and England left back Ryan Bertrand, reports the Daily Mail.
Apparently, Monaco’s £40million valuation of Benjamin Mendy is seen as too much by City and negotiations – though ongoing – have stalled.
England defender Bertrand is seen as an alternative.

FENERBACHE

Valbuena moving on

He may be 32, but €4million!
Mathieu Valbuena is going to swap Lyon for Fenerbahce.

That’s according to Le Progres in France who say the deal will be made official on June 9.
€4million!

Rangnick’s hands off warning to Liverpool and Arsenal

Liverpool and Arsenal have been told they are wasting their time trying to sign Naby Keita and Emil Forsberg this summer.
Ralf Rangick hasn’t minced his words on the subject.

Wagner’s deal done

News from Huddersfield.
David Wagner is staying with the newly-promoted club.
His agent has confirmed to our man James Nursey that the deal has been agreed.

Ozil won’t rule out Schalke return

Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil won’t rule out a return to boyhood club Schalke before the end of his career.
Gelsenkirchen-born Ozil came through the ranks with Die Konigslbauen, before a dispute saw him leave to join Werder Bremen while still in his teens.
Now the 28-year-old has been talking about his former club, and says his mother would certainly happy if he were to return.

“Right now, I’m not thinking about it, he told SportBild. “But in football you can not rule out anything.
“My family would be very happy about a return.”

Bellerin coy on Barca move

Arsenal defender Hector Bellerin has refused to rule out a move to Barcelona – and admits it is a big compliment to be linked with the Catalan giants.
The Spanish right-back came through the academy at the Nou Camp before moving to Arsenal in 2011.
He continues to be linked with a return with new boss Ernesto Valverde reportedly giving the go-ahead for a £45million move.
Bellerin has remained coy about a potential switch this summer with Barca expected to move for a right-back.

“You never know what could happen.
“Its a club that I grew up in as a kid, the best club in the world.”

Conte not giving up on Bonucci?

Antonio Conte still wants Juventus star Leonardo Bonucci, according to The Sun.
The Blues manager worked with Bonucci both in Turin and at international level.
A £48million move has been mooted.
Not sure personally…

A surprise move on the cards for Nando?

ESPN Mexico have claimed former Liverpool striker Fernando Torres is on the verge of moving to Mexican club Queretaro.
The 33-year-old is out of contract and hasn’t renewed with Atletico, despite their transfer ban.

So, he could now be heading to central America with Ronaldinho’s former club.

Jonny Hayes talks Celtic move…

One from our pals at the Daily Record now:
Aberdeen star man Jonny Hayes admits he was aware of Celtic’s interest in him for a ‘while now’.
The Republic of Ireland winger is believed to be closing in on a deal to join the Premiership champions after another excellent campaign with the Dons.
The 29-year-old says he is flattered to be linked with a move to Parkhead this summer.

He said:

We’ve obviously known about it for a while now.
There have been a few things developing with the club.
It means you are doing something right if somebody else is taking a look.
You can take it as a compliment. As far as I’m aware I am still an Aberdeen player.
I enjoy it there and it’s an old cliche but we’ll wait and see what happens.
I just wanted to finish the season with Aberdeen and I signed a new deal there in January.

Pepe confirms Real Madrid exit

Real Madrid defender Pepe has confirmed he is leaving the European champions.
The Portuguese international told Spanish radio station Cope:

“I don’t want to blame anyone. What Zidane has done with Real Madrid is spectacular, but there are things I don’t understand. I didn’t say goodbye to Zidane because Zidane and Real Madrid knew I was going before I did.
“It is clear that I will not continue at Real Madrid,’ he confirmed, with his contract set to expire this summer. One stage is over and, from now on, another one will start.
“There are more offers, also from England.”

He is expected to join Paris Saint-Germain on a two-year deal.

Bosz to take charge of Ajax

Borussia Dortmund will land Ajax coach Peter Bosz as their replacement for Thomas Tuchel.
Bosz led a young Ajax side to the final of the Europa League, losing out to Manchester United in the final.
Now the Dutch coach, 53, is set to depart after just one season, Bild reports.
Ajax will reportedly receive €4.3million as compensation, with an announcement expected at 1.30pm on Tuesday.

Milan jumping queue for Dembele

Italian giants AC Milan have requested a second meeting with the advisors of Celtic star Moussa Dembele, as they continue their hunt for the 20-year-old.
Dembele enjoyed a breakthrough debut season at Celtic Park after moving north of the border from Fulham and has a host of Europe’s big guns on notice – including the Rossoneri, exclusively reports the Daily Record.

Milan chiefs made first contact with the player’s representatives last month, and are now looking for a second sit down for the £30million-rated Hoops star.

Tuesday’s Man United transfer gossip

With Real Madrid set to again test Manchester United’s resolve with a fresh move for goalkeeper David de Gea, the Red Devils are planning for life without the Spanish stopper.
And according to the Daily Mail, the club have drawn up a shortlist of goalkeepers that they will pursue, should De Gea return to his homeland.
Manchester City’s Joe Hart is on that list following his loan spell at Torino this season.
The England glovesman is joined by AC Milan starlet Gianluigi Donnarumma and Inter’s Samir Handanovic.
It is believed that United will only let De Gea leave if a hefty bid comes their way.

Lazio

Lazio boss Inzaghi set to sign up again

Lazio have handed manager Simone Inzaghi a new deal.

“I’m very happy to have renewed with Lazio,” Inzaghi told Sky Sports Italia.
“All that is missing are the signatures, and they will arrive soon. I’m happy to continue, we hope to do great things next season.
“Everything is shared with my staff and the players, but what I like is the enthusiasm we brought to the people. Seeing 50,000 at the Olimpico makes me very proud.”

Tuesday’s Arsenal transfer gossip

Arsenal have reportedly joined Tottenham and Manchester City in the race for Djibril Sidibe as they consider a replacement for Hector Bellerin.
The Daily Star report that the 24-year-old has been watched by the Premier League’s top clubs with a view to a summer move.
And Arsenal might have to swoop for a new right-back if Bellerin completes a move to Barcelona this summer.
Sidibe, a French international, only joined Monaco from Lille last summer but played an integral part of Monaco’s Ligue 1 win.
They are believed to be prepared to listed to their offers for any of their stars – despite already selling Bernardo Silva to City.

Tuesday’s Liverpool transfer gossip

Liverpool appear to have won the race to sign Southampton defender Virgil van Dijk – more on that one below – and Mamadou Sakho could be included as part of the deal.
Dutch defender Van Dijk is set to be the latest Southampton player to swap the south coast for Anfield but this time Saints could be set to receive a player in return, according to the Telegraph.
They claim that the Reds will to and use players in a part-exchange deal, with out-of-favour Sakho will the top of their list.
Saints were reportedly interested in the French defender in January, but were put off by the Reds’ £30million pricetag.

He instead joined Crystal Palace on loan for the rest of the season becoming a key part of the Eagles’ successful battle against the drop.

cc

1 Comment

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.